Remember Fireworks Safety This Independence Day!!
The 4th of July isn't too far away, and that means some people will choose to celebrate the holiday with fireworks. However, we should all do so safely. Here are some tips as you and your loved ones enjoy this holiday:
- Handle and discharge trick and novelty devices only under adult supervision.
- Appoint one adult to be in charge. This person should know the hazards of each type of firework being used.
- Carefully read and follow the label directions on the trick and novelty device packaging.
- Light only one sparkler at a time and hold it away from your body and others.
- Sparkler wires, which can burn up to 1800 degrees, should immediately be placed in a bucket of water to avoid injury as they remain hot for a few minutes after burnout.
- If someone gets burned, run cool water over the wound for two or three minutes and seek medical attention when necessary.
- What types of fireworks can be legally discharged in Ohio?
- Are any fireworks completely safe?
- What types of fireworks are illegal to discharge in Ohio without a license and permit?
- How many fireworks stores are in Ohio?
- What is a purchaser form?
- Are there penalties for failing to follow Ohio’s fireworks laws?
- How many injuries result from fireworks use?
- How does the State Fire Marshal promote fireworks safety in Ohio?
- What is the process for fireworks exhibitions?