March 13, 2020
Re: COVID 19 and Delhi Township operations
Delhi Township is committed to protecting you, our employees and customers during this time of uncertainty and regularly evolving COVID 19 information. Please understand that Hamilton County Public Health, State of Ohio Department of Health and Centers for Disease Control are best sources for information on the virus and how to safeguard yourself and family.
Since we have no choice but to provide services in most departments, our efforts are focused on keeping our employees safe and those they need to encounter. The Fire Department has a medical director whom advises on ongoing operations and now certainly is helping us understand the safest ways to conduct those operations in light of the COVID 19 virus. The Fire Chief also engages the medical director to understand other aspects of our operations and best ways to proceed with the most current information to operate.
Although I direct you to other agencies for best and current information, I would be remiss if I did not reiterate best practices on helping not spread the virus as we understand today.
- Stay at home if you feel sick or experiencing symptoms of COVID 19.
- Limit your personal interactions with others especially when a phone call would suffice.
- Practice proper hygiene by washing hands vigorously with soap and water or with recommended hand sanitizer.
- Clean any high touch objects and surfaces you may come in contact with recommended disinfectant. Your mobile phone and case are a high touch object!
- Avoid touching your mouth, nose and eyes.
- Encourage others to observe similar practices.
Your vigilance in helping to control the spread of the virus is critical to minimizing the effects of a virus of this nature. We are in unfamiliar waters to me and I know most people in the world and more specifically Delhi Township. Calm and compassion can go a long way.
On behalf of the Board of Trustees, Fiscal Officer and all Delhi Township employees, I thank you for taking the time to consider these thoughts. Keep yourself and family safe.
Jack Cameron, Township Administrator
Centers for Disease Control: Situation Summary for COVID 19
Ohio Department of Health: Questions about COVID-19 virus?
Hamilton County Public Health Announcements: Coronavirus Information
World Health Organizations: Coronavirus Disease Outbreak
National Institutes for Health: Health Information Coronavirus
Federal Emergency Management Agency: Coronavirus Disease 2019