In observance of National Fire Prevention Month, the Delhi Township Fire Department will host its annual open house on Sunday, October 15, 2017 from 1:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M. at the Neeb Road Fire Station, 697 Neeb Road.
In addition to providing the highest level of fire and emergency medical emergency response to the community, the Fire Department offers a wide range of programs and services that focus on fire and safety education. Residents are invited to stop by the station for a fun, informative visit with fire personnel. In addition to blood pressure checks and guided tours of the station and equipment, there will be hands-on activities to promote fire and safety awareness, including:
- The University Hospital Air Care will land at Our Lady of Victory on the north sports fields (behind church) at 1:00 P.M. Once the aircraft lands, feel free to get an up close look and meet the flight crew! Arrive early to see it land!
- Stop by for an opportunity to learn about the Department’s history while viewing the many artifacts on display, including the original fire pumper!
- Kid’s Firefighter Challenge Course, for children of all ages who want to suit up and test their firefighter skills and agility (gear only available for kids up to 12 years old).
- The Fire Safety House which teaches life-saving practices on how to safely exit a smoke filled building.
- Canine demonstration with Fire Investigator Steve Claytor, and his canine Rudy.
- Hamburgers, hot dogs and light refreshments will be provided while supplies last.
In addition, the Delhi Township Community Emergency Response Team (CERT), in collaboration with Matthew25: Ministries, will be collecting canned goods for those affected by Hurricane Harvey.
Don’t miss this great opportunity to learn more about your Fire Department. Contact Lt. Dan Albertz at 513-922-2011 or email@example.com for more information.
Release date: Wednesday, October 4, 2017