Fire Department / Stations and Apparatus’
440 Greenwell Avenue
Built in 2017, the new facility was built for $3.6 million dollars to replace the old Greenwell Fire Station (est. 1956). The Greenwell Fire Station was opened for operation on May 1, 2017 and dedicated in a public ceremony on June 27th of that same year. The fire station serves the eastern district of Delhi Township and is home to the Delhi Firefighters Memorial. The Delhi Police also have a substation in the facility. The flag pole for the facility has served as the flagpole for the original fire headquarters on Neeb Road. It was later moved to the old fire station on Greenwell in 2003 after the new Fire Headquarters was built. There it served until moving to its new home on Greenwell in May 2017. The memorial was moved from Five Points Park with elements of its original layout and incorporated into the design of the new fire station. The drive into the station was ceremonially named Sanker/Selhorst Way in recognition of Assistant Chief Robert Sanker (retired) and Captain Pete Selhorst (retired). Both men played an instrumental role in the construction and operation of the original Greenwell Fire Station. The new facility is 11,600 square feet and staffs between 3-5 personnel that operate an Engine and Medic. The station was recently featured in a June 2018, Fire Apparatus magazine Article
697 Neeb Road
Built in 2003, this facility was built to replace the old Neeb Road Engine House (est. 1935). This station was erected on the site of the original Delhi VFD Engine House, and serves the central district of Delhi township. The original station was remodeled from the 1940’s and into the 1980’s as the department fleet grew. In 2002, the old station was demolished and personnel and apparatus were temporarily moved to the Public Works facility during construction. The Fire Headquarters houses the Fire Museum, Fire Administration, Zoning, and Park and Recreation. It is over 30,000 square feet and staffs between 4-6 personnel that operate an Aerial, Medic and District car.
6321 Rapid Run Road
Built in 2001, this facility was built to serve the western district of Delhi Township. Prior to 2001 this district was covered by the fire station on Neeb Road. It was built in collaboration with the Oak Hills School District as they both occupy the same structure and share services. This facility is 11,500 square feet and staffs 3 personnel that operate Engine 30 and Medic 30.