To address the recommendations from a 2016 sewer rate affordability task force and 2018 customer assistance study, the Metropolitan Sewer District of Greater Cincinnati (MSD) is pleased to announce a new Customer Assistance Program (CAP) to assist eligible low-income seniors with their sewer bill beginning August 2019. If a MSD customer meets the eligibility requirements, a 25% discount will be applied to the sewer charges. The estimated annual savings for the customer is $120 or more.
To be eligible for the program the customer must:
- Be 65 years of age or older
- Have an Ohio Adjusted Gross Income (OAGI) of no more than $32,800 for 2019. The income limit applies to the combined income of the applicant and the spouse
- Own and live in the residence for which they are paying the MSD sewer bill.
Eligible customers can obtain a copy of the CAP application by either of the following methods:
- Download the application at: www.MSDGC.org/CAP
- Email us at MSDCAP@cincinnati-oh.gov or
- Call us at (513) 244-5101 (M-F, 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.)