Parks & Recreation / Veterans Memorial Park
Designated as such in October of 2007, the Delhi Township Veterans Memorial Park is the site of an annual Memorial Day Ceremony, held the Sunday before Memorial Day. Hosted by the Delhi Township Veterans Association, this ceremony draws hundreds of US Military Veterans and their families in a gathering to remember and pay tribute to friends and loved ones.
Built around the original stone memorial erected in 1973, the Veterans Memorial Park includes the KIA Memorial, laid in 1989, consisting of bricks etched with the names of Delhi Township Residents who were killed in action.
From 2004 to 2007, plans were drawn and work was done by Delhi Township and the Delhi Veterans Association to prepare the area for the addition of the Wall of Honor. Five granite walls, engraved with 1450 names of Delhi Township Veterans, were set in place in front of the original stone memorial. The Memorial was dedicated on November 10, 2007 initiating the annual Veterans Day Ceremony at this location, also hosted by the Delhi Township Veterans Association. During the Veterans Day Ceremony, newly engraved names on the Wall of Honor are unveiled and announced.
In 2008, a WWII M1 Anti-Tank Gun was added to the Memorial Park. Donated by members of a local American Legion Post and the US Army, the artillery gun underwent restoration by means of contributions and donations by local businesses and residents.
For more information or to submit a name to be added to the Wall of Honor, please visit the Delhi Veterans Association website.